Due to the ongoing situation with the Delta Variant and rising cases, VASCAN 2021 will now be a Virtual Conference. Registration for sessions and training is still required.
COVID Safety Protocol
We recognize that COVID remains a concern for many individuals. However, we want to assure our attendees and vendor partners that your safety and well-being are of utmost importance to us. Therefore, we wanted to advise you on what the venue (located at VCU) you will be visiting has been doing and the particular COVID safety measures we will be taking during the VASCAN 2021 Conference itself.
- VASCAN 2021 is being held in The Commons on the Monroe Park Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). VCU has been primarily in a remote working situation, with remote learning, in-person classes limited to a maximum of 50, and “in-person” gatherings limited to 10, since March 20, 2020.
- The campus will not officially “reopen” until sometime in August. VCU has decided that with the start of the Fall semester, according to the Governor’s lifting of COVID restrictions on May 28, space/gathering/event restrictions would be lifted (except classes will stay at 66%). Masks, as of May 28th, are not required for vaccinated individuals. Masks are mandatory for any non-vaccinated individuals. This is subject to change if the Governor evokes any additional or new COVID measures/restrictions.
- VCU requires all students to be vaccinated (exceptions for medical or religious reasons) and has highly recommended that all employees be vaccinated (exceptions for medical or religious reasons). Unvaccinated employees must submit a daily monitoring/check-in report.
- During 2020 and 2021, our VASCAN Logistics Conference Coordinator has participated in numerous training and webinars specific to safe events during COVID, including how to safely execute an in-person event during COVID and in the post-pandemic environment.
- Before the conference, we will send communication to all attendees and vendor representatives with the following information:
- Please do NOT attend the conference if you are sick.
- Also, please do not attend the conference if you have been exposed to COVID within the last 14 days.
- If you cannot attend due to illness, or COVID exposure, your registration or sponsorship will be carried over to VASCAN 2022.
- Masks ARE required for anyone that is NOT VACCINATED.
- Masks are encouraged for individuals vaccinated, but it is up to each vaccinated person to decide their own comfort level.
- Disposal masks will be available at the registration table.
- Registration will be spaced out, based on the last name, to prevent crowding.
- In the vendor area, tables will be spaced out (more than 6ft apart). In addition, the vendor area will be located a large space so that attendees will also have extra room to move around.
- There will be extra spacing for attendees (for example, banquet rounds that normally seat 10 will be a max of 7; classroom/lecture style will have spacing between the chairs).
- Meals/Breaks will either be individually packaged or come via a SERVED buffet.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the conference area.
- VCU has enhanced cleaning protocols for all buildings, which will be enforced during the VASCAN Conference.
- If COVID-19 becomes an impacting issue, VASCAN will not be canceled. Instead, the conference will be held virtually. Any prior registrations will be applied to the virtual conference event. All 2021 sponsorships will carry over to the VASCAN 2022 Conference, currently planned as an in-person event.